Precision control of the irrigation solution
NIK and Valley® Irrigation jointly provide a precision irrigation solution
NIK and Valley® Irrigation help the farmer with analyzing lots of data during the decision-making process about the irrigation activities. They could manage the water rate, costs and staff operations while growing healthier and higher yielding crops.
The basic package of services includes:
- Access to the world’s most advanced Valley® Scheduling precision irrigation platform
- Determination of water-physical properties of soil by sampling and analysis of irrigated fields
- Training in operating the platform and communicating with a service specialist throughout the farming season
- Field visits by an agronomist
Key Valley® Scheduling platform functionality
- Online platform with mobile and stationary access
- Daily soil moisture monitoring and irrigation recommendations at field and irrigation sector level
- Local weather forecasts, crop evapotranspiration (ET), and Water Stress Index changes
- 7-day irrigation scheduling and planning tool
- Satellite imaging of Normalized Difference Vegetation Index NDVI at 5-day intervals
- Monthly and seasonal irrigation reports
Why Valley® Scheduling?
All data in the Valley® Scheduling platform is processed by a scientific algorithm, tested and proven in irrigation practice of 48 crops grown in different climates on 5 continents.
Additional Optional Services:
Inspection of the irrigation system in operating mode, technical report describing issues and prescribing corrective action
Irrigation remote control with Valley® Irrigation systems and control devices
A local weather station feeds climate data into the irrigation management software directly from the field.
Tissue plant analysis during growing period of the crop